Sometimes you've just got to have a little color around...

Toward the end of 2010 a couple of friends decided to do a drawing or sketch a day in the new year. Starting January first, we drew... and drew... and drew. At first I emailed mine to a few folks who indicated an interest, but that was cumbersome, so a friend suggested I post them to a blog.

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's a bit of a slog, but many times it's black, white and grey - the drawings can be in colored pencil but often they're in pen or graphite...

Sometimes I'd just as soon paint!

It is possible to click on any of the paintings to enlarge the view.

Aug 30, 2011

It's a Wet, Blue World (four)


     Here, the water is locked under the ice and snow. This 16" x 20" acrylic painting shows a view of Freestone Point in January, viewed from half-way out on the pier at Leesylvania Virginia State Park, a bit onto the Maryland side.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm so glad you put up this painting blog! But you ought to post each painting separately, so we can comment on each one. I LOVE the wave painting... I can really feel the swells in the water. And I LOVE the two shore paintings. You have a great feeling and knowledge of nature, and it really shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now moved the water scapes to separate posts because you're right about not being able to comment separately. Considering I'd like to lump different subjects, I need to experiment a bit more...

    ReplyDelete